TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SFM’s Online Payment Portal
By registering for SFM’s Online Payment Portal, you (meaning the policyholder or employer submitting this registration) agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing or using the service. By accessing or using the service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. SFM’s Online Payment Portal is a service provided by SFM Mutual Insurance Company (“SFM”) to its customers at its sole discretion. SFM is under no obligation to provide access to this payment service and may limit or terminate your access at any time for any reason. SFM may modify these terms and conditions from time to time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms and conditions. By continuing to access or use SFM’s Online Payment Portal following such modifications, you agree to be bound by the modified terms and conditions. SFM may notify customers of the posting of modified terms and conditions by any reasonable means.
2. In the event that a payment is returned for insufficient funds, you authorize SFM to attempt to electronically debit your bank account one additional time, for a maximum of two total attempts. Should the payment be returned for a second time for insufficient funds, the electronic transaction will be canceled, and SFM may require a bank-issued cashier's check for the original amount of the transaction as well as a returned item fee of the lesser of $25 or the maximum amount allowed by law. If you are paying by credit card and a payment is declined or unable to be processed for any reason, you will be contacted by phone or email. SFM may, in its sole discretion, require a different payment method if a payment method fails. You understand and authorize SFM to charge any credit cards provided at any time until successful for all delinquent amounts owed to SFM, including any late fees or declined payment charges, as permitted by applicable law. You agree that SFM may obtain updated information from card networks, issuers, or other third party sources.
3. You certify that you are an authorized user of the credit card or bank account from which you are requesting payments be processed and will not dispute the scheduled transactions with your bank or credit card company, provided the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in your authorization form.
4. You are responsible for protecting the privacy of and keeping your username and password confidential. SFM is not liable for any access to or use of your Account, including situations in which the access was unauthorized or unintended. This includes but is not limited to circumstances in which you inadvertently or otherwise disclose your username and/or password, in which you use software that automatically enters your username and/or password, or in which you have your internet browser configured to save your username and/or password.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. SFM IS PROVIDING SFM’S ONLINE PAYMENT PORTAL SERVICE “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT. SFM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR UNINTERRUPTED.
6. SFM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO SFM’S ONLINE PAYMENT PORTAL AND ITS OTHER WEB-BASED SERVICES. SFM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SFM’S PAYMENT PORTAL OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, OR ARISING FROM ANY THIRD PARTIES' ACCESS TO INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU TO SFM, OR ARISING FROM YOUR DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVATE INFORMATION TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS, EVEN IF SFM OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OR MAY OTHERWISE KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions prohibit exclusion or limitation of liability for implied warranties or consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
7.These terms and conditions and your use of SFM’s Online Payment Portal shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Minnesota, except where such law is specifically pre-empted by federal law.
Last updated 06/09/2022.