SFM Terms and Conditions
SFM Claim Connection allows an Authorized User to:
- Obtain payment status and check detail
- Verify claims adjuster contact information
- Obtain a copy of an Explanation of Benefits
- Set up alerts to be notified by text or email when payment activity occurs
- Contact SFM for additional payment or claims questions
By registering for SFM Claim Connection, you (meaning a worker with at least one SFM claim who is submitting this application) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- SFM Claim Connection is a service provided by SFM Mutual Insurance Company (SFM) to injured workers at its sole discretion. SFM is under no obligation to provide access to SFM Claim Connection and may limit or terminate your access at any time for any reason.
- You are responsible for protecting the privacy of your user name(s) and password(s) and for protecting the confidentiality or privacy of any information obtained using SFM Claim Connection. You agree to exercise due care to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to SFM Claim Connection. SFM has no liability whatsoever for the protection or privacy of your user name(s) and password(s) including but not limited to liability for any consequential, incidental or special damages (including, without limitation, loss of business or profits) whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise, with respect to the privacy of your user name(s) and password(s), including any liability related to or arising from your disclosure of confidential or private information to unauthorized persons.
- The workings of SFM Claim Connection represent a trade secret and intellectual property of SFM. You may not disclose information about SFM Claim Connection (except for information that is already public) without the written permission of SFM.
- SFM Claim Connection contains selected, limited medical information associated with SFM claims. You acknowledge that the information available within SFM Claim Connection does not reflect the complete contents of your medical record.
- Each party (you and SFM) to this agreement shall assume the risk of any liability arising from its own conduct to the extent permitted by law. Neither you nor SFM agrees to insure, defend or indemnify the other, arising from your use of SFM Claim Connection or arising from any third parties' access to information submitted by you to SFM, except to the extent that such claims or liabilities arise from the gross negligence or willful action or inaction of the other indemnified party or its affiliates or subsidiaries.